|A patch of Ramps in nearby woods.|
- 1 pound ramp leaves acquired sustainably.
- Pick leaves only leaving one leaf on each plant.
- Wash well and cut stems from leaves reserving them separately.
|Wash Ramps in cold water.|
- Fry up 4 slices of bacon and remove bacon from pan to crumble for topping reserving bacon fat.
- Cut up 5 large potatoes skins on and microwave on high with a little water in bowl for 4 minutes.
- Fry the potatoes in bacon fat stirring often until browned all over and just about done.
- Add stems to potatoes saute until stems are soft and potatoes are crispy and done.
- While stems are cooking with potatoes, heat olive oil and butter in separate pan and add leaves to cook only about 1 minute (just until wilted).
- Serve crispy potatoes with glistening ramps on top and sprinkle with bacon bits.